Okay, so I know this picture is old, but I just can't take it down! Imagine the same kid, but walking, slim, and still gorgeous (and still covered in cookies)!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

5 Month Update

I can't believe my little man is already 5 months old!! At the same time, it feels like I've been his mom forever...

In my last post I was excited that he finally learned how to jump in his bouncy seat - now he's a little jumping bean!! When you hold him he's always trying to jump and move and wiggle and squirm - it wears me out! :-)

We've been moving over the past few weeks, and he hasn't gotten the attention he's used to. So what does my little ham do? He turns on the charm and has started doing the darndest things for attention! He screams with delight and great enthusiasm; he laughs and smiles whenever you look at him; he blows messy, loud bubbles of spit; and he makes the cutest noises by breathing in slowly and dramatically.

He's sitting up by himself, too! Not that he's reliable (we still put pillows around him for the inevitable tumble), but he's able to sit for LONG periods of time, and even to reach for toys with both hands. A few nights ago I watched as he reached for a toy, grabbed it, brought it up to his mouth, threw it, and reached for it again, all without falling over. It was amazing!!

He LOVES our animals, and could spend hours just watching them. He reaches out for them and "pets" them whenever they walk by. He LOVES people, too, especially when they're paying attention to him. Strangers come up and say hello and he smiles - who would've thought that a kid of mine would be so social?! He likes bath time, being outside, and watching his daddy.

He's started paying attention to not only people, but also things around him: the food on my plate, the duck in the yard, the TV in the corner. He reaches with intent for anything remotely near him. The little toy you hand him just isn't good enough anymore! I can see now how busy he's going to be - I'm tired already, but looking forward to it!

He is just so much fun!! I have the happiest, cutest, smartest, BEST baby boy that has ever lived. And being his mom has made me so much happier than I ever thought one person could be!

No comments: