Okay, so I know this picture is old, but I just can't take it down! Imagine the same kid, but walking, slim, and still gorgeous (and still covered in cookies)!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

13 Months & Counting!

I can't believe my little man is so big! And getting so smart about things!

Yesterday he got a washcloth out of the clean laundry on the couch and started "cleaning" the floor with it. Then he found a lotion bottle and pretended to squirt it on his leg and then rub it in. It makes me look at him and wonder how on earth he knows all of this stuff! It's kind of scary how much his little brain absorbs.

Anyway - his favorite things right now:

--Dontae (our big Rottweiler) - he'll sit beside that dog for HOURS just playing so happily. Jeremiah climbs all over him, sits in his lap, and shares his food with the dog. So, so sweet!

--Baby goats. We had one that we were bottle feeding for about a week or so, and he LOVED that! She got missing in the yard one day, so now there's just the goats outside with their mommies, and he can't understand why they don't want to come play with him like Sophie did!

--His kitchen set in the barn, complete with little metal pots and pans that Nana bought for him.

--Eating. This week it's been goldfish and blueberries. Go figure! If you ask him "are you hungry?" He'll drop whatever he's doing and go immediately to the high chair and try to climb in! So cute!

--Being outside. Anything outside. He'll play on the deck for hours, or walk around the yard, or chase the chickens, or climb the wood pile, or play with the rocks and sand in the driveway... We spend A LOT of time outside! (I just asked Nana what Jeremiah's favorite things were, and she said "being outside, being outside, and being outside!")

He's so busy walking and running and climbing on everything. I can barely keep up! I find myself wanting to spend time with him like I used to - just being with him, holding him, rocking him, cuddling him close as we read books together - but then I have to remind myself that he's in a different place now! He's got his own agenda these days!

Now he's all about being busy. Climbing on everything, like I said. Doing the things he wants, and doing them by himself. He really doesn't need his mommy playing with him all the time. Sometimes he's okay just playing by himself. Imagine that?!?! :-)

No comments: