Okay, so I know this picture is old, but I just can't take it down! Imagine the same kid, but walking, slim, and still gorgeous (and still covered in cookies)!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

One Great Year & One Great Kid!!

My goodness, how time flies! Can you believe that he's a year old? I sure can't!!


This has been the BEST year of my life! And I'm not kidding! I have never been happier. I feel so grateful that he's my son, and so honored with the privilege of raising him. Watching him grow and change is such a miracle - every single day is like unwrapping another present from God! I just can't say enough about how happy he makes me!


He's running all over now. Climbing on everything (he has learned not to jump off head first, though!). He's a little daredevil, and can play for hours by himself (not that he gets that chance often - Nana and I can't not pay attention to him!). This morning he ate yogurt out of a bowl all by himself - he dipped in his little spoon and managed to get most of it to his mouth. Just AMAZING!!


I was looking at the developmental stages of toddlerhood, and I can proudly say that he was already doing everything on the list of 13-15 month-olds, and already some of the things on the 16-18 month list! Mommy's smart little cookie!! :-)


He's talking a little, when he wants to. He can say:


  • Hey

  • Bye-Bye

  • Up

  • Nana

  • Mama(it actually comes out as mamamama, but you know!)

  • Moo (what the cow says)

  • DooDo (This is my personal favorite! It's what the rooster says: Cockle-Doodle-Do)

  • Yes (okay, he doesn't actually say yes - but he says Mm while bobbing his head forward, like you would sound if you were holding something in your mouth and trying to say yes to someone. And he says it at the right times: like "are you hungry?" "Mm (with the head bob)". So cute!)

And he can say a lot without talking! Like "read a book to me - NOW!" and "I want the boob - NOW!"


He's just delightful! So, so, so, so, SO delightful! What a great year!!

No comments: