Okay, so I know this picture is old, but I just can't take it down! Imagine the same kid, but walking, slim, and still gorgeous (and still covered in cookies)!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eight Months!!

Okay... I really need to study, but I wanted to take a minute to update everyone on the little man!

He's SO amazing. I am having so, so, so much fun being his mom. I know I say that every time, but it's true! I feel so blessed!

He's crawling up a storm these days. Getting into everything, of course. He lets his opinion be known, too - there's definitely no doubt about what he wants at any given moment! But generally, he's really laid back and content.

Let's see... He loves to eat (surprise, surprise). He loves riding in his little red wagon (he gets to ride in it up to the bunny cage when we feed and water her every day, and he thinks it's loads of fun!). He likes sitting outside on the blanket with Mommy or Nana (whoever's home), but he doesn't like it when the pigs come up and snort in his face, and we have to chase them off with the bathroom plunger (don't ask). He tolerates milking the goats fairly well, especially when he can get a handful of hay from the trash bin - but he knows not to put it into his mouth (he's so smart!). Did I mention he likes to eat? :-)

He loves "walking" (holding onto our hands or furniture), and today I think he used a push-toy to "walk" (that's the first time he's done that!). And the whole time he's "walking" and crawling and playing, he'll just talk and talk and talk to himself. The sounds this kid makes just crack me up!

I took him to the playground a few weeks ago, and he LOVED it! I had so much fun watching him! He didn't need me at all - he was just so content to sit there and watch the other kids, and then crawl around and play. I swear, I've never had so much fun as when he's having fun. What did I do with my life before he came along? (besides sleep and shower and such...)

So that's the quick update. Can you believe it's been eight months?! It's just flown by!! I think it's finally hit me that he's going to be around for a while - I don't have to give him back - I get to keep him! I love that I'm really settled into being his mom now, and I love watching the little person that he's becoming. Anyway - I'll try to get new pictures up (maybe of him in his Halloween costume - he's going to be a pumpkin! I'm so excited!), and I'll write more when I can!

No comments: