Okay, so I know this picture is old, but I just can't take it down! Imagine the same kid, but walking, slim, and still gorgeous (and still covered in cookies)!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update on the J-man!

He is amazing, I'm telling you! I am in awe of how wonderful he is!

He's starting to interact with his environment more and more, each and every day. On Friday we went to our last Kindermusik class and I just started thinking about how much he's grown up during the last ten weeks (he was 3 weeks old when we started)! He couldn't even hold up his own head then, and on Friday he was reaching for the ball and holding his own jingle bells and looking around at everyone, smiling. It's incredible...

It's so much fun watching him discover his hands, and what they do. He doesn't quite have the hang of it, but he's working on it! Yesterday he had managed to grab the top part of his ear and a big handful of his hair, but when he tried to pull his hand away he couldn't figure out how to let go! So he's pulling his own hair as hard as he can, trying to get his hand back, and he's just looking up at me, like he wanted to say, "Help, mom... we have a problem... help, I'm stuck, and my hair hurts! help, what do I do?!" Poor guy, I was laughing so hard I could barely see how to help him!

When he does grab a hold of something, it goes straight to his mouth. Blankets, the occasional toy, even his own fingers. I know every baby does it, but it surprised me at first, to see how much he does it - and I know it will only get worse! It's made me start thinking about babyproofing, and how much harder it's going to be than I thought at first! But one thing at a time, right? :-)

His favorite toy this week is his bouncy exerciser (you can see him in it in a lot of the pictures). He'll sit there and play like it's the most serious thing on earth - you've never seen a CEO concentrate on "work" as much as this little guy does! It's serious business, let me tell you! It's so adorable, watching him concentrate so much on playing. This morning I made coffee and came back in the livingroom to find him toe-painting with his own poop! It had run down his leg and pooled underneath him, and he was skating in it, smearing it all over. But he was happy!! That's all that counts, right? Happy babies and washable floors - I am so glad I don't have carpet. :-)

He talks and talks and talks, too! He's always gurgling and babbling about something. When he's unhappy or bored, it's usually "MMmmaa... Mmm... Mmmm..." I know it's just a sound, but I like hearing it! He's just so much fun. I love being his mommy!

The only downside is that he sleeps ALL THE TIME!! He sleeps and sleeps and sleeps and sleeps, until I'm so excited when he wakes up because I've missed him so much! I get maybe 45 minutes or an hour of Jeremiah time, and then he's tired again. I always nurse him to sleep, which I love. I get to just lay there and cuddle and watch his sleepy little eyes fight to stay open. If I'm tired I nap with him (okay, let's face it, I'm almost always tired!) and we get to just stay under the covers all curled up and happy. AJ, Nana, and Sharon are having a harder time getting him to sleep, though - we're still working on getting him to sleep and keeping him asleep when I'm not home.

But based on how he's been acting the past 2 days, sleeping and eating and sleeping again, I'm thinking he may be getting ready for another growth spurt... Good gracious, we just finished the last one! He's already in 6-9 month clothes - no telling what he'll be wearing at the end of the month! :-)

So that's the update on my little man. He's so happy, I'm beyond happy, and AJ isn't unhappy, so we're all doing good! I can't believe it's been 3 months - I can't even remember what my life was like without him! And I can't wait to see what the next 3 months bring!

No comments: